Working in partnership with the Kansas Association for Middle
Level Education (KAMLE) to serve the needs of Middle School Students and
Educators in Kansas.
KAMSA exists to support
middle school administrators, as their leadership responsibilities are
shaped by the unique needs of early adolescent children. It also exists to
help administrators translate accepted middle level theory into practices
which accurately and reasonably reflect that theory's principles. KAMSA is
closely affiliated with the Kansas Association for Middle Level Education (KAMLE),
and upholds the concept that all middle level educators must work together
in advocating changes that better serve the needs of early adolescent
1. Facilitate positive educational leadership.
2. Serve as an advocate for middle school administrators.
3. Enhance the image of the middle school administrator as an
educational leader, and to promote the greater recognition of the
professional skill and performance demanded by the position.
4. Serve as an agency for the collection and dissemination of
information pertinent to middle school administrators.
5. Provide services such as publications, conventions, conferences,
research, state and federal relations, individual counseling and other
services authorized by the governing bodies of the Association.
6. Promote the principle of equal rights and the elimination of bigotry,
prejudice, and discrimination.
7. Enhance the unique and harmonious relationships among middle school
administrators, teachers, other educators, and other associations, with
special emphasis on the Kansas Association for Middle Level Education.
8. Strengthen positive relationships among administrators, school
parents, and communities.